We love paneer and this is one of the many ways we enjoy it. The combination of peas, tomatoes and paneer gives this dish a subtle sweetness which enhances the taste of this flavored dish.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
100 gms paneer cut into cubes
1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree or tomato paste
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 green chilli finely chopped
2 tsp cashew nut powder or paste
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp tava fry masala (optional)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat some oil in a pan. Then add the onions and fry nicely till golden brown
- Then add the tomato puree or paste and fry nicely.
- To this add the spices (turmeric pwd, red chilli pwd, tava fry masala, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, garam masala pwd) and stir nicely.
- Then add the cashew nut powder and fry well.
- Then add the peas and some water to it and allow it to cook.
- When the peas are half cooked, add the paneer cubes and cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with chapatis or parathas.