I saw tortilla bread and that gave me the idea of making crunchy tortilla wraps.
Crunchy Tortilla Wraps
A Mexican pita bread filled with lettuce, bean sprouts, and chicken mixed with mayonnaise.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Ready in : 5 minutes
Serves : 4
4 Wheat Tortilla Wraps
1 Chicken breast
2 cups of shredded ice-berg lettuce
1/2 cup of fresh bean sprouts
2 tbsp of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese (you can alternatively use any cheese of your choice)
1 green capsicum cut lengthwise
4 tbsp of hot salsa sauce (I used the taco hot salsa sauce)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 tsp oil
- Lightly oil a frying pan and warm each tortilla on either side for approximately 1 minute till slightly brown. The tortilla should not get too warm else it will be become crisp and you won't be able to wrap it.
- In the meantime marinate the chicken breast with salt and pepper and keep aside for 5 minutes
- Then take some oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken. When done, allow it to rest for a while. Then cut it roughly in strips lenthwiise.
- Take a bowl, add the lettuce, raisins, chicken, capsicum and mayonnaise and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Take a plate and place a tortilla on it. Take one spoon of the hot salsa sauce and spread it evenly on the tortilla. Fill about 2 tbsp of the chicken lettuce mixture on one edge of the tortilla. On top it add some fresh sprouted beans and grate some cheese over it.
- Roll it while folding in the ends.
- Cut in half along a diagnol