My daughter simply loves eating paneer (cottage cheese). So, I decided to make this quick and easy recipe for her. Although "Paneer Tikkas" sound very elaborate, it can be prepared very quickly with some good readily available tikka marinade.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 3
2 tbsp of Patak's tikka masala paste
4 tbsp of yogurt
200 gms of paneer cut into big 1/2"cubes
1 capsicum cut into big squares
1 tbsp of oil
- In a bowl, mix the tikka masal and the yogurt together
- Brush this mixture to the paneer and the capsicum and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Then take a grill pan. Spray some oil on it
- Assemble the tikkas by skewering the marinated paneer and capsicum and grill them for about 5 minutes on each side turning them around every now and then.
- If you don't have a skewer, you can also shallow fry them i a non-stick pan
- Serve them with lemon wedges and some salad.
Note: Because, of shortage of time, I just used paneer and capsicum. But you could also use other vegetables like tomatoes, onion, mushroom and grill them in a similar way.