A typical mangalorean savoury delicacy with a tinge of spice in every bite
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 kg maida or all purpose flour
100 gms green chillies
1 tbsp coarse salt
1 tsp hing or asafoetida
1 cup of dalda vanaspati / ghee
- Grind the green chillies along with the salt and hing to a paste.
- Sieve the maida.
- Heat the ghee and cool it till lukewarm.
- Knead maida with the green chilli paste and some lukewarm water. Then midway add the ghee.
- Knead till the dough is very firm.
- Then roll out into chappatis as much thin as possible.
- Then allow them to dry under the fan on both sides
- When dry cut into diamond shapes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed vessel, and deep fry till golden brown.
- Spicy diamond cuts are ready to eat.