I love this recipe because it is very quick and simple to make and also very delicious. I have prepared this several times and have received a lot of compliments for it. The kids enjoy eating chicken this way. With a simple recipe like this anyone can cook delicious Chinese food at home.
Preparation Time : 2 hours
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 capsicum cut into cubes (I used half red bell pepper)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cornflour
2 green chillies slit into half
1 tbsp garlic chopped finely
1 spring onion chopped finely
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp green chilli sauce
salt to taste
oil for shallow frying
- Wash the chicken breasts and cut them into bite size cubes
- In a bowl, combine the chicken breasts, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, salt, pepper powder and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, bring the chicken to room temperature and add cornflour to it.
- Mix it well and shallow fry in a pan till the chicken is slightly golden brown on both sides
- Take it out in a plate and drain the excess oil from the chicken
- In the same pan, add the chopped garlic, green chillies, rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp honey, green chilli sauce and stir fry for about a minute.
- Then add the capsicum and again fry for another minute.
- Then add the fried chicken cubes to it and a dash of water and cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Finally garnish with spring onions.