This rich fruity cake is so moist and delicous that you will taste brandy or rum in every single bite.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour
500 gms maida
300 gms powdered brown sugar
1/4th bottle of rum or brandy
600 gms mixed dry fruits chopped finely (Raisins, Dates, Nuts - Cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, ginger peel, orange peel and tutti fruiti)
Pinch of all spice pwder
250 gms butter
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp soda bicarb
1 tsp vinegar
- Soak the ginger and orange peel and tutti fruiti in rum or brandy for atleast one month.
- Before making the cake, remove the soaked fruits from the alcohol and roll them in some flour and keep aside alongwith the remaining dry fruits which were not soaked.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, caraway seeds, soda bicarb and all spice together.
- Cream butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, vinegar and beaten eggs gradually and mix well.
- Add the flour and the dry fruits into the creamed mixture and fold carefully.
- Pour into a greased dish and bake.