When I got married, my father in law (Pa) made a nice and yummy tuna salad one day for me. It was so delicious that I couldn't believe how tuna could taste so good. Well, from then on, I have loved this salad and have also tried converting it into a starter. Although I have made this salad innumerable times, I just can't beat my father-in-law in making it. He is really good at it. So this recipe is of my loving father-in-law who loves making amazing salads once a while.
Pa's Tuna Salad
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves : 5
1 tin of tuna chunks in olive oil
1 medium sized onion finely chopped
1 medium sized tomato chopped
1 medium sized green capsicum finely chopped
1 green chilli finely chopped
1 small piece of ginger chopped finely
1 tsp of vinegar
2 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 tbsp of tomato ketchup
salt to taste
a few corriander leaves chopped finely
- Take a nice glass bowl. Add vinegar, green chillies and ginger and mix well smashing it with the spoon.
- Then add the onions and capsicum and give it a good mix
- Now add the tuna with the oil, salt and mix again
- Then add the mayonnaise, the ketchup and the tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
Tip: In order to convert this salad into a starter, simply make the salad as above and then add a spoonful of it on a small toast or a monaco biscuit and you get tuna on toast.
Alternatively, you can also convert it into a sandwich spread by placing the salad between two slices of toasted bread. Goes as a good breakfast or brunch.