Friday, January 8, 2010

Something different

Today is different. I don't have a recipe to share. Because ...

I didn't have to cook. You see, we're celebrating today, and my husband took me out to a nice Thai restaurant on Lakeshore Road, Mississauga.

The restaurant is called "Thai Signature" and its tucked away at the end of the shopping plaza.

We tried the Drunken Noodles which is a mix of flat noodles, vegetables and chicken in a sweet chilli sauce and the "Grilled Dish" which is a combination of steamed rice, fresh salad and chicken grilled with a mild sweet and spicy sauce. Both the dishes were lip-smacking tasty and its definitely some of the best Thai food I've eaten.

The highlight of dinner was the desert - Deep Fried Ice Cream.

Yes, that's right, fried ice-cream. Now, I've come across fried ice cream in a few restaurants in India, but this one was different. The ice cream was covered with a light crisp batter with just the right hint of Thai spices and doused with chocolate and raspberry sauce. Definitely gave me ideas for some of the deserts I'm going to try.

Well, I'm back home after a wonderful meal and happy to share this experience with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment