Thai Chilly & Garlic Prawns
A thick aromatic gravy with wonderful spicy prawns that blend perfectly with steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
20 medium sized prawns cleaned, de-veined and shells removed
1 large onion finely chopped
2-3 big cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
1 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tbsp of thai red curry paste
1 tbsp of tomato ketchup
1 green chilli finely chopped
1 tsp of red chilli paste
1 tsp of soy sauce
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of oil
salt to taste
1 spring onion finely chopped for garnish
corriander leaves for garnish
- First marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric and keep aside for 10 minutes
- Then take oil in a pan. When hot, add garlic, green chillies and saute for a minute
- Then add the onions to it and continue frying till the onions are pink in colour and transparent.
- Then add the tomatoes and continue frying. Add the tomato paste and fry for another minute.
- Then add the thai red curry paste, red chilli paste, soy sauce, salt, lemon juice and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the prawns and cover and cook them for about 5 minutes. Add a few drops of water so that they don't stick to the pan.
- When they are almost cooked, add the ketchup and give it a good stir.
- You can garnish them with spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve this with steamed rice.