Marzipans is a delicacy made of sweet almond paste, eggs and sugar and look amazing when moulded into various decorative shapes.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
250 gms almonds soaked overnight
2 egg whites
1 pinch of red food colour
5 drops of rose essence or rose water
450 gms of powdered sugar
- Remove the skins of the soaked almonds and then mince and grind the almonds with a little rose water.
- Beat the egg whites stiff.
- Put the ground almonds, sugar and egg whites into a steel or copper vessel
- Add a little rose water and cook over slow fire till the mixture leaves the side of the vessel.
- Remove from fire and cool for about 10 minutes
- Divide the mixture into different portions and convert them into any shape as desired as per the moulds
- Beat the moulds on the reverse side, and the pieces will fall out.