Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good Breakfast Recipes

Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. But how many of us actually like to get up in the morning and start cooking up a great breakfast. Most of us easily settle down for some porridge, cereal and other ready to eat breakfast stuff.

Although even I like to eat cereal sometimes for breakfast, I feel very happy when I am able to put up a nice breakfast together and see the smile on the face of my daughter. My daughter loves to eat and wants a new thing every day. So when I give her the fruit loops every morning, she is
very hesitant to eat it. In order, to make her enjoy her breakfast, I decided to cook up something interesting so that she gets some variety everyday.

My husband simply loves eating eggs and he likes scrambled eggs very much. Although, I am not a great fan of scrambled eggs, I came out with this interesting twist to scrambled eggs which makes me eat them every now and then.

So, here goes the recipe for the scrambled egg lovers...


Scrambled Eggs

A soft and creamy combination of eggs and spring onions which blend perfectly to make the right scrambled eggs.

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes

Serves: 2
Ingredients:

Eggs - 2
Egg whites - 2
Milk - 2 tbsp
Spring Onions finely chopped - 2
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 tbsp of oil

Method:

  • Take a bowl and put the eggs and egg whites in it and give it a nice whisk.
  • Once it is beaten well, add the milk and whisk it a little more
  • Then add the salt and pepper to taste and give it a good stir
  • Finally add the spring onions to it
  • Then take a non-stick pan and add some oil t it.
  • Then add the egg mixture. Do not stir at this point.
  • After a minute start folding the sides to together and do it quickly so that the eggs get scrambled nicely without burning
  • Do not keep it on the gas for more than 2 minutes.
  • Once you see them nice and soft, take it out.
  • Garnish with spring onions and serve them with nice buttered toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment