A typical mangalorean delicacy made of all purpose flour and ghee.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 kg maida
1 cup dalda vanaspati / ghee
1 1/2 cup sugar
- Sieve the maida and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee and cool it till lukewarm.
- Knead the maida with some lukewarm water and a small pinch of salt. Add ghee midway and knead till firm.
- Then roll out into chappatis as much thin as possible. Then dry these chappatis under the fan on both sides.
- When dry cut into diamond shapes.
- Heat oil well and deep fry till golden brown.
For the syrup :
- Heat 1 1/2 cup of sugar & 1/4 cup of water till the mixture becomes wiry i.e. when you turn the spoon, it shouldn't fall off.
- Add the sugar syrup to the diamond cuts and mix with a flat ladle.