This healthy vegetable side dish, pepped up with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, is a perfect accompaniment to roasted meat or poultry.
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Serves : 3-4
1 pound asparagus cleaned and trimmed
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 lime squeezed to get juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 spring onion chopped finely
salt to taste
pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a tray
- Drizzle the olive oil on the asparagus and toss it gently.
- Then combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chopped spring onions, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour it on the asparagus and toss it again.
- Roast it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until it turns tender and lightly brown.
- Plate it and pour the left over marinade from the baking tray on the asparagus and serve immediately.