This gelatin based delicacy is an all time favorite with kids. These simply juggle in the mouth and are fun to eat.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Gelatin (50 gms) - 1 packet
Sour limes - 4 (1 sour lime = 1 1/2 tbsp juice)
Sugar - 500 gms
Water - 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup cold water
- Soak the gelatine in 1/2 cup of cold water for 1 hour.
- Extract the juice from the sour limes
- Put the other 1/2 cup of water in a vessel and add the sugar to it. Put it on fire and allow it to boil.
- As soon as the sugar melts, add the soaked gelatine and juice of sour limes to it.
- Cook for 5 minutes (till the gelatine becomes colourless)
- Remove from fire and add colour (Divide it into portion to add different colours)
- Pour in a buttered dish and leave overnight.
- When set turn out, cut into cubes and roll in castor sugar.