Today I was in mood for some Chinese food. So, instead of ordering out, I decided to cook some easy Chinese recipes at home. Nothing tastes better than home cooked food, doesn't it ? I made some egg fried rice and chilly chicken and it turned out really yummy !!! It is perfect for those nights when you're cleaning out the refrigerator and want to get rid of any leftover meat or vegetables.
I've always thought of fried rice as the quintessential comfort food. Think of it - a bowl of steaming white rice cooked to just the right consistency, filled with bits of meat, egg and vegetable (as per your choice). No wonder fried rice is one of the world's most popular rice dishes!
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
2 slightly beaten eggs
salt and ground pepper
4 spring onion finely chopped
3 cups of pre-cooked long rice (rice cooker cup measure)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp green chilli sauce
1/2 green capsicum cut finely lengthwise
1 carrot cut finely lengthwise
10 french beans cut finely lengthwise
1/2 cup celery cut lengthwise
oil for frying
- Take a wok and heat some oil in it. Then add the beaten eggs and stir fry them for about a minute. Take them about and keep them aside
- Then in the same oil, add the carrots and french beans and stir fry continously for about 5 minutes. Add some salt and pepper to it while stir frying.
- Then add the capsicum, celery and spring onions and continue stir-frying for another 5 minutes.
- To this, add soy sauce, green chilli sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and continue frying for about 2 more minutes. Then take it out in a plate and keep aside.
- In the same wok, add 1 tsp of oil and heat it. Then add 1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper and the pre-cooked long rice and fry it nicely for about 5 minutes.
- Then add all the vegetables and egg to the fried rice and continue frying for another 2 minutes
- Finally, check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper if required.
- Egg fried rice is now ready to eat.
Note: You could also make this fried rice with left-over rice from the previous day. You could also add cooked chicken pieces or cooked shrimp to it if desired.