When the talk is about Indian desserts, one name that undoubtedly comes into every person's mind is that of our favorite traditional carrot halwa recipe. Indian recipe of gajjar ka halwa has been sailing smoothly on almost every buffet table. It is just the perfect sweet dish to be relished post dinner, not to mention nutritional too.
Cooking Time : 1 hr
Serves : 6
1 kg Carrots peeled and grated
1 litre skimmed milk
450 gms sugar
1 tin sweet condensed milk
2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup dry fruits (sliced almonds & raisins)
- Place the grated carrots in a large saucepan. Add the milk and cook partly covered, over a low to medium heat for about 1/2 hour.
- Stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon and cook until the milk has evaporated
- Then add the cardamom powder and the sweet condensed milk and stir in gently.
- In the meanwhile, roast the dry fruits in ghee for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dry fruits to the carrot halwa and mix well.
- Place the carrot halwa in a shallow serving dish and sprinkle some sliced almonds over it.
- You can serve this hot or cold