This is a very simple and easy dish which I like to make quite often. It is very less time consuming and can be cooked in a jiffy. We as a family enjoy this dish a lot. So here it goes...
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 3
1 bunch spinach chopped finely
1 small potato cut into cubes
1 small onion finely chopped
1 small tomato finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 green chillies slit into half
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1/4 tsp sugar
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a vessel or a pan. Add cumin seeds and when they crackle, add the garlic, green chillies and fry for a minute
- Then add the onions and fry nicely till they are lightly pink in color
- Then add the tomatoes and fry for another minute
- To this add the spices (turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt & sugar) and stir well.
- Then add the potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add little water if required.
- Then add the finely chopped spinach and cook again for another 5 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked well
- Serve hot with Indian chapatis.