We went to Thailand to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. It was so much fun. I enjoyed the delicious thai food out there. But, the thai food we eat in India is very different than the thai food we ate in Thailand. Some of my all time favorite thai dishes are the red thai curry chicken, the green thai curry chicken and the thai mixed vegetables. So after a lot of experimenting I have tried to re-create these recipes adding my personal touch to them. Believe me, they are so good and delicious and so easy to make that you would also start loving thai cuisine.
So here goes the recipie.
Re-creation of the Thai Red Curry Chicken
An aromatic curry prepared with tender chicken breasts and assorted vegetables.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes.
Serves : 4
1 tin coconut milk
1 tbsp thai red curry paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves or dried basil leaves
2 tsp olive oil
1 pound chicken breast
1/2 medium bell pepper julienned
1 medium carrot shredded
1 medium zuchini cut into cubes
1 celery stick
8 broccoli flowers
- In a medium pan, combine coconut milk and red curry paste. Bring to a low boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Finally, add basil leave and remove from heat and keep aside
- In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook till it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Then add the vegetables and saute until the vegetables wilt.
- Now add the chicken and the vegetables to the curry sauce and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Serve hot with sticky or jasmine rice.