Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 25 Pineapple Jamuns
250 gms of fresh paneer
1/4th cup of sugar or add more as per taste
1 tin of canned pineapples
1/2 tsp of pineapple essence
a few drops of yellow food colour
a few pistachios for garnish
- Grate the paneer and add sugar to it.
- Put the above in a vessel and place it on the gas for cooking.
- Continue stirring it on low flame till all the sugar has melted. Be careful not to burn the paneer.
- Then transfer this mixture to a plate and let it cool slightly.
- In the meantime, discard all the juice or water from the canned pineapples and cut them into fine pieces.
- Add this to the paneer mixture.
- Then add the essence and the food colour and lightly knead it and blend it together.
- Then make 25 small ball out of it and give them whatever shape you like.
- In the centre of each ball add a half slice of pistachio.
- Refrigerate this for 4-5 hours before serving.