This is a very quick and easy salad to make. I make it quite often and it is very much loved by everyone.
Pomegranate arils make the dark green spinach pop and contrast with the white onions and cherry red tomatoes. It's as pleasing to eat as it is to look at.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Ready in : 5 minutes
Serves : 4
2 cups of baby spinach
1 pomegranate peeled and seeds separated
20 cherry tomatoes
1 small onion cut finely lengthwise
for the dressing :
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp of lemon juice
salt to taste
pepper to taste
- First cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and keep aside
- Wash the spinach in cold water and drain the water.
- In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, spinach and the pomegranate seeds .
- Then mix all the ingredients for the dressing in another bowl and just before serving the salad gently pour the dressing over the salad.
- Pomegranate & Spinach Salad is now ready to eat.
Tip: An easy way to separate the seeds from the pomegranate skin, is to cut the pomegranate into half and then take a rolling pin and gently hammer the back of the pomegranate and you will see the seeds fall out easily.
Note : In order to make this salad a little more exotic, you could also add a couple of walnuts and crumbled feta cheese to it. It will simply taste amazing. But for daily cooking, I like to keep mine simple.