Today was a surprise for me ...
My daughter usually takes about an hour to finish her breakfast. But, today she gobbled it down in less than 15 minutes.
This is a family recipe that I would like to share with you all. My late grandfather used to make roasted vermicelli very well and every time I make it, it reminds me of him. We used to love eating it as kids and I see that the recipe still works its magic with the youngest generation in our family. So, all you mothers who have a tough time feeding breakfast to your little 2 year old's can try this recipe out :)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves : 3
100 gms roasted wheat vermicelli
pinch of salt
1 tsp cardamom powder
7 tsp sugar (you could add more as per your taste)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup hot water
a few cashewnuts chopped roughly
a few raisins
2 tbsp ghee
- Break the vermicelli into smaller easy to manage pieces by using your hands.
- Take some ghee in a pan and roast this vermicelli on a slow flame.
- When it starts changing colour, add in the raisins and cashewnuts and fry again.
- Then add the cardamom powder and the sugar and fry for a while.
- Finally, add the hot water and milk and stir constantly, cooking this on a medium flame till done. When you see the vermicelli coming together and leaving the sides of the pan, you will know that it is time to take it away from the heat.
- You could also add additional raisins on top as garnish.