Monday, January 4, 2010

Spirit of Christmas

I simply love the Christmas season. It is so much fun. I wait all year long for this day. It brings back so many good memories. Midnight mass, dressing up, decorating our houses, having some kuswar and wine after mass.

I used to love watching my mom make the traditional kuswar or christmas sweets. She used to start making these sweets every year from the 15th dec. Me alongwith my sisters used to help her make these sweets. They were so yummy and delicous that half the sweets were over while they were being made :)

Although I loved eating them, I always wanted to make something different than the traditonal kuswar. I didn't want to spend a lot of time making them but at the same time I didn't want to compromise on the taste.

This year being in Canada, I got to experience a white Christmas and in order to enjoy the season better I tried making some sweets of my own. My little daughter Emily is 2 years old and loves eating sweets. So for her sake I made some yummy sweets this year.

Also one of our family friends invited us to her place for Christmas and I took some of these home made sweets for her party and she was so happy because she never makes sweets for Christmas. Everyone at the party just relished them.

So I thought of sharing these easy to make Christmas sweets recipes with all of you so that everyone of you can try making them and enjoying them as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment