This is one of my own creation. I always used to wonder how these stir fry noodles tasted so yummy in restaurants. I could never get the sauce right until I visited this Chinese market last weekend. Over there, I found this thai chilli sauce and sesame oil. The thai chilli sauce has a sweet and spicy taste to it and when it combines with sesame oil, it gives the noodles an amazing flavour. Now, with these Chinese ingredients, I can enjoy my restaurant style Chinese stir fry noodles at home :) This tastes simply delicious. Must give it a try !!!
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3
1 pkt chinese style flat noodles
1 chicken breast
6 chinese black mushrooms cut into quarters
10 brocolli florets
250 gms chinese bok choy
1 red bell pepper cut lengthwise
1 celery stick cut into 1" pieces lengthwise
3 spring onions chopped
1 tbsp garlic chopped
4 tbsp thai chilli sauce
4 tbsp chinese soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp garlic butter
- First marinate the chicken breast with 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, salt and pepper and keep it aside for 15 minutes
- Then take a frying pan and fry the chicken in sesame oil till it is fried nicely on both sides.
- Then cut the chicken in thin long strips and keep aside
- In a wok, add some sesame oil. Then throw in some chopped garlic and the bok choy and cover and cook for 4 minutes. Take it out and keep aside.
- Then in the same wok, add some garlic butter and then stir fry the mushrooms and brocolli together on high flame for about 5 minutes. Take it out and keep aside.
- Then add some sesame oil to the wok, and stir fry the red bell peppers, spring onions and celery on high flame for about 3 minutes.
- Now put all the stir fried vegetables and chicken together in the wok and add the remaining soy sauce to it and 4 tbsp of thai chilli sauce, pepper and salt and stir fry again for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the noodles as per the packet instructions and keep aside.
- Then combine the noodles with the stir fried chicken and vegetables and serve hot.
Note : You could also add chopped peanuts on top of the noodles. It enhances the flavor. My daughter is allergic to peanuts and hence I didn't add them to the noodles