Monday, February 15, 2010

Eggless Mango Cake


Some days back, I came across this site Red Chillies and I immediately bookmarked it. It had some interesting recipes and articles. One recipe which really caught my eye was "Eggless Mango Cake". I really found this recipe to be very simple and quick to make. So, today being "Family Day" in Canada, I decided to make it for my family.

However, I made a few changes in the recipe. I used brown sugar instead of the regular sugar. I also used oil instead of butter and almonds instead of walnuts & raisins. But the overall result was just too good. So here goes the recipe for all the mango lovers...


Preparation Time : 30 minutes

Ingredients :

1 cup Mango pulp
1 cup semolina/Rava/Sooji
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 cup oil
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup slivered almonds (keep some for sprinkling on top of the batter)

Method :

  • Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
  • Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
  • Then pour this batter in the greased baking tray.
  • Sprinkle some almonds on top of the batter and bake at 375 degree F for 20-25 minutes.
  • Cool, slice and serve with some whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream or just eat it the way it is.

2 comments: