Some days back I wanted to make egg curry and was a little tired of making my regular curry. So wanted to make it in a different way this time, hence I started browsing the net. There, I came across this blog called 100 recipes.blogspot.com. This is another interesting blog I came across, it has some unique recipes.
When I saw the recipe of poached egg curry, I was not really sure how it would taste with such few ingredients. Also I did not have poppy seeds with me but I decided to go with the flow and to my surprise, it came out really well. I just made a few simple changes to the recipe, keeping everything else the same. It turned out be a sweet and sour gravy.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
11/2 tbsp cashewnut powder
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 green chilli finely chopped
3 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till they are golden brown
- Mix tomato ketchup, cashew nut powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garlic, green chillies, red chilli powder and salt together and add this to the onions.
- Fry this nicely for about 5 minutes
- Now add one cup water to the above mixture.
- Simmer and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Now carefully break the eggs and drop them raw into the boiling gravy. Be very careful not to drop some pieces of shells inside.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt on the yolk while it is still soft to ensure that the eggs are seasoned well.
- Now cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked
- If you find the gravy too thick, then adjust by adding some water.
- Remove from heat and serve with some steamed rice.