Basundi is a delicious Indian Dessert made out of thickened milk and nuts.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3
1 litre milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp kesar milk powder
2-3 drops of yellow food color
1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds & pistachios)
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Keep stirring continuously and reduce it till it becomes thick and the quantity of the milk is approximately half a litre.
- Then add the sugar to the reduced milk and allow it to cook till it starts thickening.
- Then remove it from heat and transfer it to a bowl and add the cardamom powder, kesar milk powder, yellow food color and the chopped nuts.
- Mix well and refrigerate it for about 3 hours and then enjoy this yummy delicacy.