All kids love eating macaroni and cheese and my daughter is no exception to it. Yesterday, she wanted me to make macaroni and cheese for her for lunch. So, I didn't want to disappoint her and hence decided to make it for her. She enjoyed her meal and I enjoyed watching her clean her plate:) So here goes the recipe...
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 2
1 cup macaroni
1/4 stick butter
1 tbsp all purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Boil the macaroni as per the packet instructions and keep aside
- Pour some oil in the macaroni so that it does not stick to each other
- In the meantime, heat butter in a pan. When the butter starts melting, add the all purpose flour, salt and pepper and stir continuously till the flour starts changing color.
- Then keep pour milk slowly and stir continuously so as to get a sauce like consistency.
- Once the milk and flour is mixed well, add the cheese and stir again till all the cheese is melted well and you get a nice smooth white sauce.
- Add boiled macaroni to this sauce and ensure that all the macaroni is coated nicely with the white sauce.
- Serve hot.