Yesterday I was feeling very tired and sleepy after a very long day and didn't feel like cooking much. I thought hey, why not make a simple peas pulao and the simplest pulao that came to my mind was Green Peas Pulao. So here it goes...
Preparation Time : 20 minutes + soaking time
Serves : 4
2 cups basmati rice
4 cups of water
1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
1 big onion cut finely lengthwise
1 big tomato chopped
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 vegetable or chicken cube
salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice in water for about 1/2 hour
- In another vessel, boil 4 cups of water
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, pepper corns and onions and fry till the onions are golden brown in color.
- Then add the vegetable or chicken cube and mix well.
- To this add the chopped tomatoes, salt and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Then add the peas and give a good stir
- Finally add the rice and mix it well with the peas and other ingredients and pour the hot water over it.
- Cover and cook till the rice is done.