This is another of my favorite thai recipes...
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
400 ml Coconut milk
1-2 tbsp thai red curry paste
2 tbsp thai fish sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup of vegetables (peas, squash, carrots, mushrooms, celery) stir fried in sesame oil.
250 gms fresh shrimp cleaned and de-veined
1 tsp dried basil or fresh basil
freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- In a large saucepan simmer coconut milk with 1-2 tbsp of thai red curry paste over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of thai fish sauce, 2 tbsp brown sugar, stir fried vegetables and 1/3 rd cup water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 250 gms fresh shrimp and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, until the shrimps are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh basil, coriander and serve hot with Jasmine Rice.