Some time back, I was longing to eat grilled food. But, here in Canada, eating out is pretty expensive. So, I decided to have restaurant style grilled steak at home. I went to the grocery store and picked up 3 pieces of eye of round. Usually, the eye of round is a solid piece also known as the bottom round which is used to make roasts or steaks. I also purchased a marinade to go with it and then put all the ingredients together to make this lovely meal. I was very surprised as my imagination and creativity turned out into a delicious continental meal. So, here goes the recipe for all the steak lovers ....
for the steak:
1 eye of round beef
1 tbsp of Roasted garlic & peppers rub marinade ( I used the Club House La Grille brand)
for the sides:
3 baby potatoes
5 brocolli florets
a few brench beans
3 bok choy leaves
1 tbsp chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp fresh rosemary herbs
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Rub the marinade on the eye of round nicely on both sides and cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for about 6 hours.
- After six hours, allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Then lightly brush the grill pan with olive oil and grill the meat on both sides till it is brown and then cook it in the oven at 400 degree F for about 15 minutes till the meat is medium well done.
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a pan. Add the brocolli, french beans and carrots and steam it. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another pan, boil the potaotes till they are half cooked. Then put the potatoes with the skin in a pan. Drizzle generous amount of olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary herbs. Roast the potatoes in the oven at 400 degree F for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in the same pan. Add the garlic, and the bok choy and stir fry for 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the stems of the mushroom and chop them finely. Take a pan. Heat butter in it and add garlic and fry for a few seconds. Then add the mushroom stems and fry again for a minute or two. Take it out and keep aside. In the same pan, fry the whole mushroom for a minute and take it out. Now, put the mushroom and garlic filling inside the whole mushroom and top it with grate parmesan cheese and put it in the oven till the cheese melts.
- Now plate everything starting with one piece of steak in the centre, and the other vegetables on the side.
I am sending this recipe to Spicy Tasty's Sizzling Summer Contest - Grilled food recipes.