Although I got this recipe from my friend, it is not her own creation. She found it on the net and when I did a google search, I found out innumerable ways of making this recipe. Many people like to also name it differently like Egg in a basket, Bull's eye, Egg-Hole Nest, One-eyed Susie, etc, etc...
Let me tell you how it is made and then you can decide what name you would like to give it :)
Preparation Time : 2 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
1 slice of brown / white bread
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter (depending on your taste, you could use less or more)
1 tsp oil
- Using your knife, cut a small hole in the middle of your bread slice. You could also use any small circular object for doing this.
- Spread the butter on both sides of the bread slice.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan
- When the oil is hot, place the buttered bread slice on it.
- Immediately, crack an egg in the hole.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cook for a minute or two and then flip it on the other side.
- Cook it till it is golden brown on each side and till the egg is cooked .
- Serve hot on a plate and eat it as it is.
I am sending this recipe to "Saving the Private Avi" project.