Monday, April 19, 2010

Egg in a Hole

This is a very interesting breakfast recipe. My friend made this one day for me and I kind of liked it a lot. I found it to be very convenient to eat as you could just eat it holding it by one hand while working on something. Kids simply love this dish. I have tested it on my kid as well as on others and found out similar reactions from all the kids.

Although I got this recipe from my friend, it is not her own creation. She found it on the net and when I did a google search, I found out innumerable ways of making this recipe. Many people like to also name it differently like Egg in a basket, Bull's eye, Egg-Hole Nest, One-eyed Susie, etc, etc...
Let me tell you how it is made and then you can decide what name you would like to give it :)


Preparation Time : 2 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 slice of brown / white bread
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter (depending on your taste, you could use less or more)
1 tsp oil

Method:
  • Using your knife, cut a small hole in the middle of your bread slice. You could also use any small circular object for doing this.
  • Spread the butter on both sides of the bread slice.
  • Heat oil in a non-stick pan
  • When the oil is hot, place the buttered bread slice on it.
  • Immediately, crack an egg in the hole.
  • Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
  • Let it cook for a minute or two and then flip it on the other side.
  • Cook it till it is golden brown on each side and till the egg is cooked .
  • Serve hot on a plate and eat it as it is.

I am sending this recipe to "Saving the Private Avi" project.

1 comment:

  1. I have tried this and it is simple and tasty... good going preeti

    ReplyDelete