We had our thanksgiving in Canada on 11th October but, I could not put up any recipes then as I was busy studying for a short term HR course. So, I thought of putting it now, as my American friends are celebrating their thanksgiving tomorrow.
This recipe is not my original. It was written on the E.D. Smith pumpkin pie tin. But, for all those who can't find this particular brand of pumpkin pie mix, you can simple use this recipe with any other brand.
I made this recipe for the first time and it came out really good. My friends enjoyed it and my daughter simply loved it.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes
Serves : 8
To make 1 pie:
398 ml (1/2 can of 796 ml) of E.D. Smith Pure Pumpkin (you can use any other brand too)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup(175 ml) evaporated milk
1 (9 in/23cm) unbaked home-made or frozen deep dish pie shell
- Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt; stir until well combined.
- Blend in milk. Pour filling in a pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degree F (220 degree C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degree F (180 degree C) and continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes, longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.