This is my sister's recipe. She gave it to me last Thanksgiving and it turned out really good so thought of sharing it with you all. Corn bread is one of the popular American thanksgiving dishes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time : 30-40 minutes
11/3 cup sugar
8 oz melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups butter milk
2 cups cornmeal
2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
- Mix sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add it to the sugar butter mixture and fold it well.
- Add baking soda to the buttermilk and mix it with the above mixture
- Finally, add the cornmeal and the flour and mix well till you see no lumps. It should be a smooth batter.
- Grease the parchment paper and pour the batter in the tin.
- Bake it 375 degree F for 30 -40 minutes
- Let it cool and then cut it into pieces and serve.