My friend had invited us to her place for her daughter's first holy communion. And one of the guests there had prepared this interesting dessert called "Sex in a Pan". For a moment, I thought to myself what a funny name for a dessert but when I digged in to it, I just couldn't stop eating and thought to myself that the name rightly suits the dessert.
I went home and was very curious to try it out. I didn't ask her how she prepared it so, I had to Google the web for "Sex in a Pan" dessert and saw a no. of links all showing me the same ingredients for preparing this dish.
"Sex in a Pan" is basically a 4 layered dessert with a rich nutty crust at the bottom, topped with cream cheese, 2 different types of pudding and finally a whipped cream layer. It is so smooth, rich and creamy that you simply can't stop eating it.
Last week, I was having a small family lunch at my place and prepared this dessert and I must say it turned out to be the icing on the cake. It turned out really well for my first attempt.
Although, you guys can Google this recipe up on the net ....I will still write it down for easy reference.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Makes 16 servings
11/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1 packet (8 0z.) cream cheese softened
4 cups of whipped topping, prepared (cool whip, divided)
3 0z. (1 pkt) of instant chocolate pudding mix
3 oz. (1 pkt) of instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 oz. of unsweetened chocolate (1 square) shavings
1 cup icing sugar
- Mix the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs and chopped pecans and pat into a 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) pan. Bake this at 350 degree F (180 degree C) till lightly brown for about 20 minutes. Let this cool off completely.
- In a bowl, beat together, cream cheese and icing sugar to form a smooth texture. Carefully, fold in 1 cup of cool whip. Spoon this out onto the cooled baked layer.
- Mix both the pudding mixes with milk and beat as per the package directions. Let this pudding thicken and then pour it on the second layer.
- Finally, put the remainder of the cool whip on top of the pudding and swirl the melted chocolate throughout the topping.
- Cover this with a cling wrap tightly and refrigerate it overnight.
- Cut into rectangle slices and eat it up.
Note: Instead of graham cracker crumbs, you can also use all purpose flour and instead of pecans, you could use walnuts if you like.