Last month, one of my friends gifted me with a Wilton Baking Set. I was waiting to experiment with it. So, decided to start by using the muffin tray. Emily loves bananas and hence, I decided to make banana walnut muffins for her. We made the muffins together and had so much fun doing it.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 20 - 25 minutes
Makes : 14 muffins
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 11/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- First put the bananas in a big bowl and smash it using a potato smasher or a fork. Ensure that all the bananas are smashed well are there are no lumps left.
- Now, mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- To this, add the sugar, beaten egg, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix it well.
- Finally, fold in the flour gently in to the mixture with a spatula. Add chopped walnuts and gently fold it again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease the muffin tray and gently pour the mixture into a prepared muffin tray. Bake for 20 minutes. To ensure that the muffins are ready, slowly insert a knife in the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, that means the muffin is ready and done.
- Cool on a rack and then serve it warm or at room temperature.