Salmon is considered to be a health food by many because of its omega-3 fatty acids. A lot of health benefits are associated with its consumption. This is one of my favorite fish, here in Canada. However, I don't buy it often because it is too expensive. Whenever, I did buy salmon, I generally prepared it in a Continental style but was very surprised to know that our Indian spices also go very well with this fish. I had this dish at my friend's place and really liked the preparation. So, decided to share it with you all.
Preparation Time : 40 minutes + marination time
Serves : 4
4 medium sized salmon steaks
3 tbsp of fish fry masala
salt to taste
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp of mixed Italian herbs
2 tbsp of fresh chives finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine fish fry masala, salt, lime juice, Italian herbs and chives together.
- Pour in 1 tbsp of olive oil to form a thick paste
- Apply this paste or marinade on both sides of the salmon steaks.
- Let this rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Grease a baking tray lightly with olive oil
- Preheat the oven to about 400 degree F and bake the fish for about 15 minutes on either side.
- Serve hot with some nutty couscous salad.
Note: If you don't have fish fry masala, you need to combine 2 tbsp of red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp garlic powder together. Combine this with the rest of the ingredients mentioned above and make a marinade for the fish.